As of December 2011 the Chamber had 2,686 full-fledged and 81 associate members and 24 legal entity members.
The Chamber’s Board of Directors consists of:
The Chairman: Alimbetov Nurlan Orynbasarovich
The Board of Directors’ Members:
Baishurumova Gulmira Zhaksybaevna
Begenova Bakhyt Almakhanovna
The Chamber’s Council:
The Chairperson: Valieva Alfiya Khatifovna
The Chamber Council’s Members:
Akhbutina Aigul Myrzabaevna (Astana)
Patsan Lyudmila Petrovna (Pavlodar)
Khegai Irina Viktorovna (Ust-Kamenogorsk)
Utyanova Menslu Kunysbaevna (Aktobe)
1. On March 3, 2011 the Chamber was accredited by the Finance Ministry of the RK as a professional organization of accountants.
2. On November 16, 2011 the Chamber became an associate member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC).
3. The training center “The Center of Methodology of Professional Certification” was established under the Chamber of Professional Accountants, according to the requirements of the laws the Certification National Program was developed, and documents for accreditation as a certification organization were filed to the FM of the RK. The filed documents are being reviewed at the FM of the RK at present.
4. The agreement of cooperation was signed with the Institute of Professional Accountants and Auditors of Russia (IPA of Russia).
5. In accordance with the requirements of the legislation of the RK, agreements of cooperation have been signed with accredited certification organizations.
6. The Chamber’s website (www.accountant.kz) is regularly updated in Kazakh, Russian and English.
7. The range of services for the Chamber’s members has been expanded, and it is as follows:
- On-line consultations for accountants are conducted via Forum.
- “The Accounting Quiz” was developed on the Chamber’s website, and its topics are constantly renewed.
- 50% discount seminars and training courses for professional development were conducted for the Chamber’s members.
- 68 professional development seminars were conducted, 25 of them were free of charge.
- The training course “A Professional Accountant of the RK” on the topic of national certification was conducted for the Chamber’s members as part of their professional development.
- On October 6, 2011, together with the Information System “Paragraph” we conducted the Day of an Accountant in all the cities of Kazakhstan, with the overview of all the changes in Tax legislation of the RK in 2012.
- In October – November 2011 together with the National Economic Chamber of the RK “SoyuzAtameken” we conducted a Round Table “Optimization of Tax Legislation” in Almaty, Astana and Uralsk.
- We help the Chamber’s members to find work free of charge.
- Free of charge we provide internship opportunities for undergraduate students of economics specialties in the Chamber’s offices. Five student-accountants have already had their internships in the Almaty office.
- Under the agreement with the IPA of Russia signed in May 2011, the Chamber’s members who own CAP/CIPA certificates or a certificate of a Professional Accountant of the RK are entitled to receive a certificate of a Professional Accountant of the IPA of Russia. According to Paragraph 5 of Article 22 of the Law of the RK “On Accounting and Financial Reporting” this certificate is acknowledged on a par with certificates, issued by accredited certification organizations, because the IPA of Russia is a foreign institution and a full fledged member of IFAC.
- We signed a cooperation agreement with the IS “Paragraf”. Usage of the IS “Paragraf” is credited as part of the professional development of the Chamber’s members. The IS “Paragraf” was installed in the Chamber’s representative offices in different regions and can be used by our members. CDs containing filed quarterly reporting data are distributed free of charge.
- We signed a partnership agreement with the company 1Ñ: “Accounting and Trade (AAT), conducted 9 (nine) free seminars for the Chamber’s members in Almaty. W also offer 5-10% discount for AAT training sessions in the Training Center 1Ñ.
8. New representative offices of the Chamber were opened in Petropavlovsk, Shymkent and Kostanai.
9. In May 2011 we participated in the international conference “Perspectives of Developing Accounting, Audit and Analysis in the Context of Euro Integration” in Odessa. Representatives of IFAC, World Bank, professional accounting and audit organizations from CIS were also present there.
10. In May 2011 we participated in the session of the Eurasian Council of Chartered Accountants and Auditors (ECCAA) in Minsk, and made a decision on improvement of the CIPA program.
11. On September 2, 2011 we participated in the 6th tax conference “International Taxation as a Factor to Improve Investment Attractiveness of Kazakhstan” in Almaty, organized by the Association of Taxpayers of Kazakhstan together with the Tax Committee of the FM of the RK.
12. We take part in the activity of the ECCAA to translate IFRS into Russian.
13. We take part in the activity of the Consultative Council of the FM of the RK and in translation of IFRS into Kazakh.
14. Together with the Russian Board of Auditors we take part in translation of the ISA.
15. In 2011, 14 accounting organizations became members of the Chamber.
16. On November 9, 2011, we participated in the Round Table on the topic “Optimization of Accounting for SMEs”, organized by the FM of the RK in Astana.
17. On November 16, 2011, we participated in the session of IFAC, where we joined this organization as an associate member. It took us almost six years to join IFAC. The Chamber’s intensive activity in 2010-2011 facilitated this process.
18. On November 28-29, 2011, we participated at the meeting of the developers of international standards and professional organizations of CIS and Baltic states in London organized by IFAC and the IASC Fund with participation of the representatives from ICAEW. This meeting was organized for the representatives of countries, interested in using and translating into Russian the auditing and financial reporting standards.
19. On December 7, 2011, we participated in the 1Ñ Forum for accountants and senior managers. The Chamber’s members were offered a discounted cost for participation in this Forum.
20. At present we improve the Chamber’s activity in all the regions of Kazakhstan.